Before You BeginPlease see below for the overview of our general guidelines before filling out the Application Form. (Please note that these details will change from time to time, so we suggest you revisit this page if reapplying)
Our Current FocusWe have a clear focus on providing grants to reputable community-based organisations which need funding for projects and initiatives designed to benefit as many people as possible. We will prioritise applications that demonstrate that their grant will have the widest community impact. (As we develop over time, our focus may change to reflect the focus and interests of those contributing to and guiding the Harcourts Foundation).
1. Specific event, project or initiative
- Grant applications must be for a specific event, project, item or initiative.
- You may apply as a national or regional organisation or charity, however your application must be for a specific community event, project, item or initiative that fits the criteria.
- Requests for the event, project, item or initiative must be scheduled to occur within four months of receiving the grant.
- Grants will not be given for items already purchased or events/initiatives/projects already held.
- If the grant is not used for the purpose for which it was applied, the funds MUST be returned so we can provide the grant to another group elsewhere.
- If you are a branch of an organisation or charity where another branch has been successful in achieving a grant from us in the past
- this does not mean you automatically qualify for a grant; and
- we will not accept any application from any other branch of the same organisation or charity within the next 18 months of the successful application.
- Each application will be considered independently based on funds available and circumstances at the time.
- All grant applicants MUST:
- Complete ALL details in the Application Form, including organisation or charity number.
- Include copies of ALL supporting documents such as quotes.
- Any incomplete Applications Forms will NOT be considered.
- You are a club or organisation whereby an individual must pay a membership or other fee to join
- Your grant application request is for any of the following:
- Individual needs – such as salaries and wages. Our focus is on supporting as many people as possible within our communities.
- Administrative or operational costs.
- Overseas or other travel costs.
- Religious, political, lobby causes/activities.
- You have been successful in the past 18 months as we would like to assist other organisations or charities.
Application Rounds 2016/2017
- 6 October 2017 to 11 January 2017 decision to be made by 27 January.
Application Rounds 2017
- 11 January 2017 CLOSED
- 10 April 2017
- 3 July 2017
- 2 October 2017
- We are now in Round 32.
- All applications must be received by 11 January 2017
- Decisions are due to be made by 27 January 2017.
- Any applications received after 11 January will be considered in the following round.