Our Current Focus:
- As most of the funding for The Harcourts Foundation is generously provided by Harcourts offices, we will only consider applications from groups for a specific event, project, item, or initiative where Harcourts has an office.
- Priority is also given to those areas where the Harcourts office is currently a financial contributor to The Harcourts Foundation.
In the event that we receive more applications that meet the criteria than we have funds available, we will prioritise those applicants who demonstrate that their grant will have the widest community impact.
Under the terms of the deed of The Harcourts Foundation and the taxation laws, The Harcourts Foundation can only make grants to organisations with BOTH Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and Tax Concession Charity (TCC) status. TCC status was formerly called Income Tax Exempt Charity (ITEC) status.
Please ensure that your organisation has DGR and TCC status before writing your application.
- Grant applications must be for a specific event, project, item, or initiative.
- Requests for the event, project, item, or initiative must be scheduled to occur within four months of the upcoming Grant decision meeting date (meetings are held quarterly).
- Grants will not be given for items already purchased or events/initiatives/projects already held.
- If the Grant is not used for the purpose for which it was applied, we will request that you return it so we can provide it to another group elsewhere. We may ask for supporting documents such as quotes etc.
- If you are a branch of an organisation where another branch has been successful in achieving a Grant from us in the past, this does not mean you automatically qualify for a Grant. Each application will be considered independently based on funds available and circumstances at the time.
- If you are successful, please do not apply within the next 18 months, as we would like to assist other organisations.
- You may apply as a national or regional organisation, however your application must be for a specific community event, project, item, or initiative that fits the criteria.
Please do not submit funding requests for:
- Individual needs – our focus is on supporting as many people as possible within our communities.
- Overseas or other travel costs – (individuals or groups) unless a direct community benefit can be shown.
- Religious, political, lobby causes/activities.