Before You Begin
Please see below for the overview of our general guidelines before filling out the application form. (Please note that these details will change from time
to time, so we suggest you revisit this page if reapplying)
Our Current Focus
We have a clear focus on providing grants to reputable community-based, non-profit organizations which need funding for projects and initiatives designed to benefit as
many people as possible. We will prioritize applications that demonstrate that their grant will have the widest community impact. (As we develop over time,
our focus may change to reflect the focus and interests of those contributing to and guiding the Harcourts Foundation).
- The organization applying for the grant MUST be a non-profit.
- Grant applications must be for a specific event, project, item or initiative.
- Requests for the event, project, item or initiative must be scheduled to occur within four months of receiving the grant.
- Grants will not be given for items already purchased or events/initiatives/projects already held.
If the grant is not used for the purpose for which it was applied, we will request that you return it so we can provide to another group elsewhere. We
may ask for supporting documents such as quotes.
If you are a branch of an organization where another branch has been successful in achieving a grant from us in the past, this does not mean you
automatically qualify for a grant. Each application will be considered independently based on funds available and circumstances at the time.
- If you are successful, please do not reapply within the next 18 months, as we would like to assist other organizations.
You may apply as a national or regional organization, however your application must be for a specific community event, project, item or initiative that
fits the criteria.
Please do not submit funding requests for:
- Individual needs – such as salaries and wages. Our focus is on supporting as many people as possible within our communities.
- Overseas or other travel costs.
- Religious, political, lobby causes/activities
As a new Foundation we look forward to growing the contributions we make to our communities. We look forward to funding as many applicants as possible,
however please understand if we are unable to support your particular request.
Grant Application Rounds
All applications must be received by the last day of the dates noted below.
1 January to 31 March
decision to be made by 25 April
1 April to 30 June
decision to be made by 25 July
1 July to 30 September
decision to be made by 25 October
1 October to 31 December
decision to be made by 25 January